On Thursday, May 24, 2018, the HDS Foundation along with all HDS Companies participated in Red Nose Day at both the Weston and Miami offices. Red Nose Day is a fundraising campaign run by Comic Relief, Inc. The concept began in the United Kingdom in 1988 with the UK Charity, Comic Relief. It was brought to the US by Comic Relief USA in 2015 with the purpose of supporting “projects to keep children and young people safe, healthy, educated and empowered” not only in the United States but also throughout the world. Currently $42,126,438 has been raised for this campaign (source: https://home.rednoseday.org). Red noses to support the charity were purchased locally at Walgreens stores (and at Duane Reade in other parts of the country), and NBC hosted Red Nose Day themed programming during the evening to promote the fundraising efforts. As part of the support effort, HDS purchased a multitude of red noses that they distributed to the staff. In the afternoon, all of the employees gathered at the front lobby of the office building to have a picture taken, thus commemorating everyone in their red noses and their dedication to the cause. Donations are still being accepted. If you would like to make a donation, visit: https://donate.rednoseday.org.
Recent Blog Posts
- Amazon Smile Supports Charities
- NICO – Best Year of My Life
- HDS 20th Anniversary Party Recap
- BRIDGES EOY Testimonial
- Red Nose Day
- Housing and Development Services Looks Forward to B.R.I.D.G.E.S. Coming Back to the Offices Next Year
- Cypress Bay B.R.I.D.G.E.S will Visit HDS Companies
- The HDS Foundation will be a part of 2018 Vision XXV Conference!
- 2018 Tropical Nights Event
- BRIDGES goes to the YMCA